Tuesday, July 18, 2023

Gallery: Academy 1:72 scale P-51B Mustang

Brand: Academy
Scale: 1/72
Kit No: 1667 / FA168
Tooling Date: 1999
Completed: 2019
Engraved Panel Lines: Yes
Available For Purchase: Not at this time.

I built this for a group build on the Flory Models, modeling community forum. Turned out to be a great little kit. The only modifications I made were to swap out the kit canopy for an after-market vacuum formed canopy, and instead of using the provided invasion stripe decals, painted my own. Otherwise, as with most of my builds it was pretty much straight out of the box. In my opinion this is still one of the best builds I have ever completed. 

I don't remember the details of how I built it and could probably never replicate it but ... here it is anyway! 

No comments:

Post a Comment