Wednesday, April 5, 2017

Reference: F-35 Lightning II

F-35 Lighting II Joint Strike Fighter (JSF)
Like the F-22 Raptor it's taken me some time to warm up to the design of the F-35. It probably derives it's stealth from the fact that it's so boring and featureless. Kind of like the butler or post man in a murder mystery. They are there but so mundane and everyday they escape notice.

The design is actually growing on me though ... so I suppose I'll get some research done for the inevitable moment when I finally look at it and think ... "Damn, that's a sexy plane" ... Kind of like that awkward girl in middle school that no one noticed until high school when she suddenly became drop dead gorgeous. 

I suppose this was better, aesthetically speaking anyway, than Boeing's behemouth (yes "mouth") entry into the competition ... the XF-32, whose design was some weird cross between the space shuttle and a basking shark ... maybe it would have been designated the F-32 "Shuttle Shark" ... 



Space Shuttle Basking Shark

Separated at birth!!

Boeing YF-32 "Shuttle Shark" Nom nom nom 

Anyway, I'm not going to bust on Boeing. At least they performed their R&D within the allotted budget and the taxpayers didn't have to "eat it" the way we did and continue to with Lockheed. Bah ... whatever. No politics ... Let's talk about models!!


Yuck ... not THOSE models!!!

I'm not allowed to talk about THESE models!!

Yeah ... THIS Model!!! My wife lets me talk about this model!
I digress ... REALLY digress ...

Anyway, I have managed to find some videos on the F-35; some airshow footage and a nice little documentary. Gonna keep looking for walkaround videos and sites. Will probably be adding to this list as I get closer to building one myself, but here's a small compilation for now in case you've started without me.

Playlist Home Page: Reference: F-35 Lightning II
Number of Videos: 8
Playlist Duration: approx. 3 hrs



Video Attributions

Military Zone HD
Gung Ho Vids
WarLeaks
Full Metal Jacket
piratatv.com
spencerhughes2255
Ed Whisenant
ePeeScotty

F-35 Walkaround Galleries

Cybermodeler Online
MartinsAmModels
Net-Maquettes
PrimePortal

No comments:

Post a Comment