Saturday, March 11, 2017

Kit Review: Revell 1:48 F-15E Strike Eagle



I have built several 1:72 scale F-15's. Lately, I have been deciding whether or not to buy a larger version of the F-15E Strike Eagle and I am definitely excited at the prospect. Without driving 30 minutes through the snow to the nearest hobby store however, I am limited to whatever I can find in my local Michael's or AC Moore craft stores. Both of whom have plastic scale modeling sections that leave very much to be desired.

Stocked with only Revell America kits the selection is tragically limiting, however I have found this Revell 1:48 scale F-15E Strike Eagle that by all accounts ... looks pretty good.

The number of you tube videos published on this specific kit is pretty limited but I have managed to discover a few in-box reviews as well as some useful links to articles on scale modeling sites which provide first impressions of not ony the kit but their own experiences building the kit.

Now what I have learned is that this kit is provided by both Revell America as well as Revell Germany and they appear to be, build-wise the same kit. So the links and videos include information on both.

Revell Germany kit box


Currently, at my local Michael's craft store the kit is retaining for about $40 USD, but there are always coupons available so I am hoping that I cross paths with a 50% off coupon and land one for about $20. That would be a great deal indeed!!


Online Kit and Build reviews

It seems that the only reviews I can find relate to the Revell of Germany version. I am assuming that these two versions of the kits are the same so I am posting links to them here.
AircraftResourceCenter.com
Hyperscale.com (Dieter Wiegmann)
TheModelingNews.com
ScaleModelingNow.com
JonBryon.com
Hyperscale.com (Jonathan Chuck)

Video Attributions

JJ Modeling
Joey N
Chrizlys Modellbau Werkstatt

No comments:

Post a Comment